This is a special before-and-after case study of a property managed by Braden Equities Inc. If you like the transformation, feel free to contact us and learn how we can refresh your investment properties.Flooring
- Dated, worn or stained carpets must be replaced.
- Lino and tiles should be updated to modern standards to complete the flooring transformation.
- Try to use only two different colours throughout.
- Consider a quality laminate floor covering over carpet replacement. Longer life expectancy offsets the extra cost if you use laminate.
- Dated, old light fixtures should be replaced with modern fixtures.
- Energy efficient lighting should be considered for obvious reasons.
- Shut off valves checked for function and replaced if necessary along with zone valves, thermostats, and fans that are defective.
- Old toilets should be replaced with low flush alternatives along with water saver showerheads.
- Plumbing fixtures including tubs, tub surrounds and sinks should be replaced if chipped or worn enamel as this makes them appear unsanitary.
- Resurfacing tubs is not a long term solution nor economical.
- Old dated appliances should be replaced with modern.
- Two bedroom units must have a larger fridge which may require minor alteration to the cabinets.
- Baseboards, casings, curtain rods and window coverings are all important features to consider in any renovation or modernization program.
- Bathroom and bedroom doors may also require painting or replacement along with dated hardware.
- Kitchen cabinets are a key to all renovations. Consider painting with a complete change of hardware. An economical alternative to replacing the cabinets is installing modern cabinet doors using the original boxes.
- The unit must present a clean, sanitary environment in order to attract a quality tenant. Windows must be weatherproof and clean.